Moving Auckland Businesses ,Office And Commercial Warehouses
A Comprehensive Checklist for a Smooth Home Move
Get A FREE Quote Today To Move Your Company Or Business In Auckland
Moving house or moving flats can be a the worst life experience with many people saying that hate it more than public speaking , but with proper planning and organization, it can be made much easier. Follow this start-to-finish checklist guide to ensure a smooth and successful home move. And dont forget you can always call Auckland Transport Movers for a top quote for your house move.
6-Weeks Before Your Move
- Check your contracts for any fine print that could affect your move, such as termination fees or restrictions on moving dates.
- Start a documents folder to keep all important papers and information in one place. This can include your lease agreement, insurance policies, utility bills, and more.
- Create a home inventory of all your belongings, including any sentimental or valuable items. This will help you keep track of what you have and will make it easier to plan your move and update your insurance coverage.
- Book a reputable and reliable mover to handle your belongings. Research different companies, read reviews, and get quotes to find the best fit for your needs and budget.
4-Weeks Before Your Move
- Give notice to your landlord or building manager of your intention to move. This will ensure that you can leave on the agreed-upon date and avoid any penalties for breaking your lease.
- Start decluttering your home by sorting through your belongings and getting rid of anything you no longer need or want. This can include clothing, books, kitchen items, and more. Donate items in good condition to charities, sell valuable items online, or throw away anything that cannot be reused.
- Start collecting moving supplies, such as boxes, packing tape, bubble wrap, and markers. You can often find free boxes from local stores or online groups, but be sure to check their condition and reinforce any weak spots.
- Do any small repairs or maintenance tasks that need to be done before you move, such as fixing leaky faucets or patching holes in walls. This will help avoid any damage to your belongings or the new property.
- Book a storage unit if you need extra space for your belongings or if you are downsizing to a smaller home. This will give you more time to pack and sort through your items without feeling rushed.
- Get moving insurance to protect your belongings in case of any damage or loss during the move. Check with your existing home insurance provider to see if they offer coverage, or shop around for a separate policy.
- Arrange any travel plans for yourself and your family, including flights, car rentals, or hotel reservations. This will ensure that you have a smooth and stress-free trip to your new home.
2-Weeks Before Your Move
- Get moving boxes and start packing your belongings. Be sure to label each box with its contents and the room it belongs in, and avoid overloading them to prevent damage. Consider using different colors or symbols for different rooms to make unpacking easier.
- Notify any providers, such as your internet or cable company, of your move date and new address. This will ensure that your services are transferred or terminated on time and avoid any disruptions or additional charges.
1-Week Before Your Move
- Clean your fridge and freezer, defrosting and wiping down the surfaces to avoid any odors or spills during the move. This will also make it easier to pack and transport your food items.
- Deep clean your entire home, including all surfaces, floors, and windows. This will help you get your security deposit back and make your new home feel fresh and inviting.
- Create a moving kit with essentials that you will need during the move, such as snacks, water, medications, and toiletries. This will save you time and stress on moving day.
- Confirm your moving date and time with your mover, and double-check all the details, such as the pickup and
Are you ready to move into your new home? Moving can be a stressful process, but with a little organization and planning, it can be a breeze. Here’s a start-to-finish checklist to help you get through your move with ease.
1-Week Checklist Before Your Move
- Clean out your fridge and freezer. Get rid of any old or expired food items, and make sure to properly clean and disinfect the inside of both appliances.
- Give your current home a deep clean. This is your last chance to get everything spick and span before you move out, so take your time and do a thorough job.
- Create a moving kit. This should include essentials like toiletries, snacks, water, and any medications you may need. Keep this kit with you on moving day, so you have easy access to everything you need.
- Confirm your moving date. Double-check with your movers and make sure everyone is on the same page.
- Dismantle any big furniture pieces. Furniture moving services like ours will want this process done prior to moving day .Take apart beds, tables, and other large single items that will be easier to move in pieces. Make sure to label each piece and keep all the hardware in a separate bag.
1-Day Checklist Before Your Move
- Do your grocery shopping online. This will save you time and energy on moving day. Plus, you won’t have to worry about carrying heavy bags of groceries to your new home.
- Tape up your boxes. Use strong packing tape to secure all your boxes, and label each one with its contents and the room it’s destined for. This will make unpacking much easier.
- Collect your keys and garage openers. Make sure you have all the keys you need, including any keys for your new home and any garage door openers.
- Take photos. Before you start moving anything out, take photos of each room in your current home. This will give you a visual record of what your home looked like before the move.
- Prepare food for tomorrow. Moving is hard work, and you’ll need to fuel your body to keep going. Make sure to pack a cooler with water, snacks, and any meals you’ll need the next day.
- Prepare heavy items for moving so these can be noted to the movers when they arrive , often they will want these up teh front of the moving truck.
- Get to bed early. Moving day is going to be long and exhausting, so make sure you get plenty of rest the night before. This will help you start the day off on the right foot.
With this checklist in hand, you’ll be well-prepared for your move. Just take it step by step, and before you know it, you’ll be settled into your new home. Good luck!
Bonus Tip: Dont Forget To Change Your Address
With so many things to keep track of, it’s easy to forget about important tasks like updating your address with online retailers, subscription services, and service providers. To make sure you don’t miss anything, it’s crucial to have a change of address checklist.
First, make a list of all the online places that will need a change of address, if you use any online services your old address will be listed such as Trademe delivery so make sure you update this right before you move, and any other online delivery service you use. It’s also a good idea to check any other websites that you use on a regular basis, such as grocery delivery services or streaming platforms. When you send your first few packages, double-check to make sure the address change has stuck.
Next, consider any magazines or subscription services that you receive in the mail. These will also need to be updated with your new address to ensure that you continue receiving your regular mailings.
If you’re employed, it’s important to let your human resources department know about your change of address. This is especially crucial if you receive any important documents, such as tax forms, through the mail.
Your bank is another essential contact to update with your new address. Not only will you want to receive your bank statements at your new home, but it’s also important for security purposes.
Finally, don’t forget to tell your cell phone provider, insurance provider, and any other regular service providers about your change of address. This will ensure that you continue to receive any bills or important documents at your new home.
Overall, having a change of address checklist can save you time and stress during the moving process. Make sure to check off all the important items on your list to ensure a smooth transition to your new home.
Why Choose Auckland Transport Movers
- Top Spa pool Movers In Auckland ,Affordable and Highly Skilled
- Best Spa Moving Service – We Know How To Move Spa Pools
- Reliable and Honest
- Near Me Service Across Auckland
- 2 Men and a Ute Designed For Spa Pools
- Free Quote Before You Book